The purpose of the life science industry is to work toward improving the lives of those who suffer from health issues or illnesses. Normally that brings to mind drug research and the manufacturing of critical pharmaceutical treatments, therapies and devices, but many of today’s leading life science organizations now consider it equally as important to adopt practices that encourage environmental sustainability, for the good of the world.
A Less Wasteful, More Efficient Pharma Production Solution
Through emerging technology, we can build a healthier world that is less wasteful and more efficient. Apprentice’s solutions are developed with sustainability in mind. Our system eliminates the need for paper-based procedures/storage, reduces travel, helps organizations avoid unnecessary waste and optimizes facility access/training, among other benefits. We are committed to offering the life sciences better ways to streamline manufacturing, and improve quality in the most efficient way possible, avoiding any disruption to the environment.
Here are just some key components and benefits of the Apprentice platform that can help organizations reduce consumption, waste, and their overall global footprint:
#1: Move from paper-based documentation to digital data management
- Eliminate paper-based procedures or document storage. Use Apprentice’s platform to access, augment, perform, verify, save and reference workflows.
- Run enhanced data analytics for improved efficiency and smart planning.
- Use digital codes to track and monitor products and intended distribution to reduce material and energy usage.
#2: Reduce travel emissions with remote collaboration and troubleshooting
- Collaborate instantly with teams and SMEs across the world, in or out of suite without leaving your home, or local office.
- Troubleshoot with remote vendors in real-time the moment an issue occurs and avoid unnecessary travel.
- Monitor sites, supply chains and partner processes remotely.
#3: Optimize yield and avoid unnecessary waste
- Ensure the greatest batch quality and quantity by utilizing intelligent technology that ensures first-time execution reliability and procedure guidance.
- Track and monitor consumable data so materials don’t expire before they’re used and last-minute rush ordering or travel is avoided.
- Share preconfigured devices and/or access intelligent software on existing devices.
#4: Reduce unnecessary facility access
- Shift to virtual, remote training and onboarding to reduce supply/materials consumption and repeat facility sterilization.
- Utilize remote tours and audits to eliminate the need for travel or potential site contamination.
- Use Apprentice to perform and verify activities remotely, limiting the number of on-site personnel and lowering energy usage.
Sustainability has become an increasingly prevalent theme within pharma as it seeks to identify strategies that minimize disruption to the natural world. As our industrialized society continues to grow, so too does our need for eco-friendly alternatives that will support a healthier future world.