Meet the New Apprentices!
April showers brought Apprentice Superpowers! We’d love to introduce you to some of the newest Apprentices to join our company this past month.
Ethan Besbris: Sr. Mobile Device Architect/Mobile Device Manager, IT
"I am excited to join Apprentice for the challenge of bringing the pharma industry up to speed with the transformative power of technology."
- Favorite things to do: Being a Cub Scout leader, hanging with my kiddos and my best friend Anibal, watching movies and mowing the grass.
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? I was born in Virginia, lived in Maryland for about a decade and in Pennsylvania for the better part of 20 years. One day I hope to travel the world.
- Apps I can’t live without: Apollo for Reddit, Apple Music, Spark Mail.
- What annoys me the most: Being late or unprepared.
- Who would I meet for coffee: My Bubbie. It would be cool to catch her up on the stuff she’s missed.
Anup Deochakke: Product Specialist, Customer Success
"I am based in Pune, India and I am happy and excited to be part of a rapidly growing company with intelligent products for life sciences."
- Favorite things to do: I love to play and watch cricket, keeping myself updated with new technologies and news. I also love to travel and re-watch Friends on Netflix.
- Super Power: Problem solving! I have a mind palace where I can store images of places, streets, locations, codes, programs etc. If I visit a city once, then I can drive without maps.
- Apps I can’t live without: WhatsApp, Amazon Music, Instagram.
- What annoys me the most: Driving in traffic jams!
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia. Incheon, South Korea. Austin, Texas. Portsmouth, NH. Currently I live in Pune, India.
- Who would I meet for coffee: Apprentice Team.
Danny Francisco: Shipping Analyst, IT
"I am always looking at the latest tech and love learning about the newest innovations from Augmented Reality to Artificial Intelligence. I am fascinated with the next big thing that will help people live better lives. It’s an honor to be here at Apprentice and I’m very excited to learn and to grow with the company."
- Superpower: The ability to quickly adapt, learn and always work on becoming the best version of myself.
- Top 3 Favorite Things to do? I love going to live shows, I've been to several concerts and lots of indie shows. When I'm not at a live event, I'm learning about new topics and coding, currently learning web development in the evenings. On weekends I like to spend time with the family or go out to exciting events with my girlfriend.
- Where have you Lived: I was born and raised in Jersey City, NJ.
- What is an App you can’t live without: Apple Music, YouTube, Reddit, Twitter and Coinbase.
- What annoys you the most: Seeing the toilet paper roll being placed in the under position, Gravity does not work like that!
- If you could meet any person for coffee who would it be? If Tupac was alive he would be the guy I would have coffee with, just hearing about his life stories and how he incorporates philosophical messages into his music would lead to very interesting conversations.
Ben Houghton: Senior Web Manager, Marketing
"I’m incredibly proud (and humbled!) to be joining Apprentice at this point in its growth. What we are doing matters, and will improve the lives of countless people in the years to come."
- Superpower: Patience. It’s been hard-earned, and the more I invest in it, the better life gets.
- Top 3 favorite things to do: Music (listening to it - not making it, unless you count Karaoke); scooting with my husband on our e-scooters (I feel 10 years old as soon as I step on the stupid thing); any and all travel.
- Where have I lived and where now? I’m based in Toronto and have been here for ages, but I grew up in a small-ish city called Peterborough, Ontario (if you’ve ever consumed food from Quaker Oats it was likely made in Peterborough). Also hometown to such celebrities as the band Skid Row and the dude who played Max Headroom. Proud.
- App I can’t live without: Music streaming. Podcast apps. Anything I can listen to.
- What annoys me the most: Impatience in myself and others (see above) and toxic positivity.
- What excites me about joining Apprentice? The massive potential and the people.
- If I could meet anyone for coffee? 2021 World Barista Champion Diego Campos of Colombia. That would be a good coffee.
Ruchi Jain: Product Specialist, Customer Success
"I’m from Ahmedabad, India. I have 6+ years of experience working with different MES products and pharma manufacturing companies and am looking forward to working for Apprentice."
- Superpower: I can feel hungry, even after having a full meal. Also, children everywhere love me.
- Favorite things to do: Quilling, hula hooping, baking, traveling, taking pictures of flowers and the Moon, making rangoli and so on.
- Apps I can’t live without: Instagram/Wynk.
- What annoys me the most: Arrogant people.
- Who would I meet for coffee: Angelo and the whole Apprentice team.
Chris Moylan: Product Specialist, Customer Success
"I'm really excited to be joining such an innovative company."
- Superpowers: I like to think I am good at questioning things in a positive way that produces a robust discussion, this ultimately produces better outcomes. I can also strike up a conversation with anyone, I enjoy meeting new people.
- Top 3 favorite things to do: Playing and watching rugby or golf. Making real Italian pizza and barbequing and smoking meats.
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? I’ve lived in Killarney and Galway City, Ireland. Currently I am living in my home village of Sixmilebridge Co Clare.
- What is an app you can’t live without? It would have to be Spotify or Amazon.
- What annoys you the most? Drivers not using turn signals.
- What excites you the most about joining Apprentice? Initially it was the disruptive technology but the people so far have been amazing so it’s all very exciting.
- If you could meet any person for coffee, who would it be? I really can’t wait to meet the Apprentice team for a coffee but if Elon Musk offered, I would love to talk to him about everything really.
Lori Pitts: Director, CS Pilots, Customer Success
"I live in Salisbury, MD. I have been working in telematics Sales and Customer Success for the past 18 years."
- Top 3 favorite things to do: Spending time with my husband, 16 yr old twins and my many pets, seeing new places/eating local food and spending time outdoors.
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? Maryland (Western Shore), Mississippi, now based on the Eastern Shore of MD.
- What is an app you can’t live without? Camera (I take lots of pet photos).
- What annoys you the most? Negative attitudes.
- What excites you the most about joining Apprentice? The opportunity to help grow and scale this amazing company alongside such talented and enthusiastic people.
Donovan Price: Lead Technical Recruiter, Human Resources
"I live in Holly Springs, North Carolina. I’ve been in Executive Search, and Technical Recruitment for roughly 10 years focused heavily on R&D, DoD programs, IoT, Augmented Reality, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and the list goes on."
- Top 3 favorite things to do? I was a Division 1 Collegiate athlete in wrestling and soccer. I love all things sports. If it's nice outside you will 100% find me on my motorcycle or in the gym doing Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai.
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? Baltimore, Long Beach, California, Louisville, Kentucky. Currently in Holly Spring, North Carolina.
- What is an app you can’t live without? Spotify.
- What annoys you the most? I'm really easy going. It takes a lot for me to get annoyed.
- What excites you the most about joining Apprentice? The technology, and the chance we have to enhance and enrich the lives of others.
- If you could meet any person for coffee, who would it be? I don't drink coffee, but I would love to meet Anderson Silva.
Felipe Siqueira: Quality Engineer (Automation), Quality Assurance
"I was born and raised in Brazil until I was 9 years old, then brought over to this beautiful country. I met my wife in college as we were both on the volleyball teams and we have been together for the last 12 years. I absolutely love the work and the cool things we can do with testing and that is the main reason I am here today! We have 2 dogs (Oliver - Coton de Tulear, and Dobby - Bull Terrier), who we absolutely love and do anything for."
- Superpowers: My superpower is that I can breathe underwater! I am a PADI Divemaster and have been scuba diving for over 10 years now. There is something so magical about breathing underwater and I count the days until I go back under. My mission is to travel and dive in all seven continents, even though Antarctica may prove to be a challenge. I absolutely love being a professional scuba diver. The best is watching people on their first day of a pool session petrified of the thought of breathing underwater to then become so carefree, we have to throw them out of the pool. The journey is amazing, and to see it right before your eyes is truly inspiring.
- Top 3 favorite things to do? If you didn't guess what number one is, it's Scuba Diving. Secondly, driving onto the beach and camping on the beach. Lastly, I am an uncle to four little Rugrats: a nephew & niece on my brother's side, and a niece & a nephew from my wife's side. I absolutely love spending time with them, and handing them off when they become fussy. Oh the joys of being an Uncle!
- Where have you lived, and where are you based now? Born & Raised in Sao Paulo Brazil, and New Jersey, USA.
- What is an app you can’t live without? Spotify, Amazon, YouTube.
- What annoys you the most? Slow drivers on the left most lane... if you want to drive slow that's fine, just move over please, for us less patient.
- What excites you the most about joining Apprentice? What originally attracted me to the company was the mission and the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology. After the first day, seeing everyone in the office it became about the people and the culture.
- If you could meet any person for coffee, who would it be? John Chatterton & Richie Kohler - credited with the discovery of a German U-boat (U-869) 60mi off the coast of NJ in 1991.
Are You the Newest Face of Apprentice?
Want to join our growing team of passionate problem-solvers who are changing the future of medicine? Check out our open positions today! Explore careers at Apprentice.
Stay in the Loop!
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter to get more updates on company news, events, and all the awesome people who are joining our team.